Get Started

 The best way to get started is to have a conversation.

See How Can We Help?

This information describes the application process for a new building on vacant land. An expansion will be less intensive, but may still have to touch all these elements.

Permits for renovating space are required, typically for a new tenant.

It is highly recommended* to start with the pre-application review. A group of Land Use staff members tailored to meet the applicants needs will be assembled to review preliminary plans. The staff will assist by pointing out elements that do not meet regulations. When an application is ready, they will be sure the appropriate Boards and Commissions that have jurisdiction will process by the application.

*If the project is in the Town Center District, the pre-application process is necessary before applying to the Zoning Commission.