other boards and commissions

The Land Use staff will alert developers if review/approval/permits are needed by the:

Planning Commission

  •  Will be involved, if a property is to be merged or sub-divided
  • Typically is involved if there are acquisition, improvements or construction or town properties, or utilities, such as water and sewer.

Water Pollution Control Authority (Sewer Commission)

  • Will be involved if the project is in the sewer area. 
  • Will review the engineering design, need for a grease trap 
  • Legal considerations such as easements and any special situations.
  • A Permit to Discharge, requires an approved design and inspections during construction to assure a successful installation.

Other Considerations

While not a part of the permitting process, a developer is also obligated to arrange for utilities as required such as

Start typing and press Enter to search