other boards and commissions
The Land Use staff will alert developers if review/approval/permits are needed by the:
- Will be involved, if a property is to be merged or sub-divided
- Typically is involved if there are acquisition, improvements or construction or town properties, or utilities, such as water and sewer.
Water Pollution Control Authority (Sewer Commission)
- Will be involved if the project is in the sewer area.
- Will review the engineering design, need for a grease trap
- Legal considerations such as easements and any special situations.
- A Permit to Discharge, requires an approved design and inspections during construction to assure a successful installation.
While not a part of the permitting process, a developer is also obligated to arrange for utilities as required such as
- Water by Aquarion
- Electricity by Eversource
- Natural Gas, if available, by Eversource
- Sewer, if available, by the Brookfield Water Pollution Control Authority (WPCA)
- Cable and Internet by any area supplier